REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
TOWN OF DENTON
The Town of Denton is soliciting proposals for the replacement of 165-feet of 8-inch sewer main on 6th Street between Market and Gay Streets in Denton, Maryland. A doghouse manhole may be included in this project as an add alternate. A pre-bid meeting will be held at 10:00 AM, March 17, 2017 at the Denton Town Office located at 4 North Second Street Denton MD. Attendance is mandatory. Proposals must include the executed Fee Schedule and a statement that you have performed satisfactory and necessary research to prepare your proposal. Proposals are due by 10:00 AM, March 29, 2017 in the Denton Town Office, at which time they will be opened. Contractors will be notified of the acceptance or rejection once an award has been made. Only one contractor will be selected. Inquires call 410-479-5446.
Here are some helpful tips to keep you and your home comfortable during this winter season.
- To keep your pipes from freezing, turn off all outside spigots and insulate the pipes to protect them from the freezing temperatures.
- To prevent water damage in your home, so you don't experience a burst pipe, locate all the water shut off valves. Don't wait for someone else to turn it off. The delay could cause major water damage.
- As far as snow removal in the town, streets will not be plowed unless there is a 2 inch accumulation. The snow removal equipment cannot withstand clearing the street for a trace of snow.
- When shoveling out your driveway pile the snow in your yard not in the streets and always pile it to the left side of your driveway. This prevents the snow from being pushed back in your driveway from the street.
- During snow storms park as many cars as you can in the driveway to make snow removal easier. It may also prevent your vehicle from being damaged by other vehicles on the roads.
- EMERGENCY ROUTES are a priority when removing snow, secondary roads and alleys are last. You must be patient the crews will get to your area as soon as possible.
- Lastly, your safety and the safety of our snow removal crews are our number one concern. Let's do all we can to keep everyone out of harm's way.
Fall Loose Leaf Collection
Leaf vacuuming is done for the year. We will resume leaf vacuum operations in the Spring for 2 weeks. The date of collection will be posted when we get closer to Spring time.
Bagged leaves will be picked up weekly. You must call the Town Office at 410-479-2050 by 2pm Tuesday for a Wednesday pickup.
1. Bags can not contain any foreign material i.e. dirt, trash, planters, flower pots, etc
2. Any bags containing foreign material shall not be picked up
3. Any bags that are extremely heavy shall not be picked up.
If you have questions regarding your water/sewer bill, please contact the Finance Department at the Town Office at 410-479-2050
4 N. Second St.
Denton, MD 21629
410-479-2050 - Phone
410-479-3534 – Fax
Lobby Hours: Monday – Friday - 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Drive-Thru : Monday – Friday - 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This website was designed to effectively assist the citizens and business persons of DENTON MARYLAND. We hope you find it useful and informative. Please check in regulaly as we post updates on a daily basis.
Don Mulrine, Town Administrator
Town of Denton Standards and Specifications, size: 9.31mb
Town of Denton Special Event Form, size: 17kb
Bay Restoration Fund Facts - From the Office of Comptroller Peter Franchot - In the 2004 legislative session, the Maryland State Government took a major step to protect our waterways through the enactment of the Bay Restoration Fund (Senate Bill-320). The purpose of the bill was to create a dedicated fund to improve the environment and water quality of the Chesapeake Bay. Through an environmental surcharge fee, this fund is used to upgrade wastewater treatment plants, upgrade septic systems in the critical area, and implement cover crops on agricultural land. The Town of Denton has initiated a BRF hardship exemption policy. CLICK HERE to get all details concerning this policy as well as an application to apply.
Are you interested in curbside recycling? - We are seeking input from residents. Many items present in household waste are recyclable. The Town of Denton is conducting a survey to determine the potential interest of Town residents in developing a curbside recycling program. If interested, would you be willing to pay a fee for this service? Click here to send an email response.