Pickup times and information
- Regular household trash pickup is done on Tuesdays.
- Special collections are done on Wednesdays, and items are not to be put out with regular household trash pickup done on Tuesday. Note: All mattresses and boxsprings MUST be put inside a plastic bag. These can be purchased at the Town Office.
- Containers must be placed at curb/alley or roadside by 6:00 a.m. on collection day, but shall not be placed out prior to 5:00 p.m. on the day before collection and must be removed by 11:00 p.m. on collection day.
- Acceptable refuse containers:
32 or 64 gallon capacity, water tight, made of metal or plastic, with handles; tight-fitting covers.
- Limit of 4-32 gallon cans per residential unit. Waste wheelers limited to 128 gallon capacity.
- Each can may not weigh more than 60lbs.
- No 50-gallon drums will be permitted for use.
- Receptacles are to be kept clean and sanitary; may not contain free liquids or rainwater.
- If trash day falls on Christmas, the trash will be picked up the next day.
All other holidays, the trash will be picked up as usual.
During this already difficult time of COVID19, everyone is staying home, per the Governor's March 30th order. Since then, we have seen a dramatic increase in trash collection, and we need your help to reduce the overage back to levels contracted with our trash collection contractor.
- A maximum of 128-gallon per residence will be collected. This is equal to four 32-gallon or two 64-gallon wheeled waste containers.
- Each can may not weigh more than 60 lbs.
- Only place household waste in the trash.
- Separate and collect all newspaper and cardboard. Call 410-479-2050 for (free) special collections pickup.
Recycle as much as you can. The county’s Holly Road site and the recycling bins behind the YMCA/Goodwill at the Denton Plaza accept glass, paper, cardboard, metal cans, etc. Please utilize this free drop-off center.
In addition, Approved bulk items (list can be found on the Town website under the Public Works tab) will be collected Wednesdays with the purchase of a pick-up ticket. The Town now has a new Special Collections/Bulk Pick-Up form that can be printed from the town website and mailed, dropped off at the drive-thru during business hours, or deposited in the night drop box located on the Second Street side of the Town Office, along with the payment of $5 per item.
Town Of Denton Resident,
As we have started with the new Waste Contractor, the Town is trying to eliminate the chronic problems with the household trash collections. Code Enforcement Officers will be increasing enforcement at first with written notices, then issuing fines as necessary to address the problem.
As a reminder, per Town Code:
- Refuse containers must be water-tight, made of metal or plastic, with handles and tight-fitting covers. (waste wheelers preferred)
- Max (4) 32 gallon cans per residence, with a total of up to 128-gallon capacity.
- Special free collection is available for newspapers, bundled, or bagged, & broken down, flattened bundled cardboard boxes.
- Approved bulk items will be collected Wednesdays with the purchase of a pickup ticket. You MUST call the Town Office at 410-479-2050 to arrange for pickup of free and approved bulk items ($5 fee per item)
NO CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, LOOSE BAGS, OR LOOSE TRASH WILL BE PICKED UP.
Eastern Shore Environmental, LLC will be offering bi-weekly recycling collection, including containers, to Town residents for a separate fee of $8.00 per month. They can also offer waste wheelers at a discounted price. Please contact them directly at 410-829-1717