Loose Leaf Collection
Special Spring Loose Leaf Collection
The Town of Denton will be providing a special spring loose leaf collection service to vacuum up leaves that are left over from the fall. The Denton Public Works Department is scheduling their loose-leaf removal service to occur on Monday April 4, Friday April 8, Monday April 11, Monday April 18, and Friday April 22, Monday April 25, 2022. Leaves must be bagged for pickup the remaining months of the year.
Leaf vacuuming will occur on Friday and/or Monday pending workload. It will be necessary to call in your loose-leaf vacuum pickup request by 12 NOON on Thursday to guarantee pickup by Monday. We asked that you please only have one pile of leaves and have it located at the edge of your property, without obstructing sidewalks or roadways, where it can easily be accessed by Public Works.
Bagged leaf collection will still take place on Wednesdays and must be called in to the town office by 12 NOON on Tuesdays.
Citizens are encouraged to call the Town Office at 410-479-2050 to request pickup. If calling after hours please leave the requests on the Town Office answering machine, ext. 1.
Please follow these guidelines for leaf removal:
- Rake leaves to the curbside or alley
- DO NOT rake leaves into the street
- DO NOT rake leaves onto the sidewalk
- Make sure all sticks and limbs are removed from the pile of leaves
- Make sure there are no other objects or debris mixed with the leaves (like bottles, cans, flowerpots, gloves, ashes, pet waste or other trash)
- Piles of leaves with sticks, limbs or other debris will not be picked up
- Phone in your pickup request to the Town Office at 410-479-2050 by Thursday to guarantee pickup by Monday
- All pickups will be done by request/appointment only
- Loose leaf pickups will occur from April 4 through April 25, on Mondays and Fridays only. Leaves must be bagged any other time.