The Town currently provides a special collection service for yard waste, appliances, furniture, and other miscellaneous items.
The Town of Denton Public Works Department wants to remind all Town residents about the special collection program.
Residents must call the Town Office by noon on Tuesday to schedule for a Wednesday pickup. Call (410) 479-2050 to make pick-up arrangements or leave a message after regular business hours.
Items that WILL be picked up for free:
- Brush/tree limbs no more than 4" in diameter with all cut ends pointing to the curb.
**Piles of brush/tree limbs may not larger than 4' wide, 3' tall and 12' long.
**No Brush resulting from work done by a private contractor shall be picked up.
- Clean stumps up to 4 inches (remove excess dirt)
- Grass clippings or weeds (Yard waste) - must be bagged, remove excess dirt, no animal waste (please use standard size leaf bags, total weight not to exceed 50 lbs.)
- Leaves bagged (all year) Please use standard size leaf bags, total weight not to exceed 50 lbs.)
- Loose leaves—vacuum service offered seasonal-Oct. 15th thru Dec.15th.
Call the Town Office for specific dates. No trash, sticks, or limbs, leaves only!
- Cardboard - flattened & bundled
- ***Public Works will not pick up any cardboard that contains packing materials or trash. Only clean, flattened and bundled cardboard will be collected
- Newspaper - bundled
- Paint cans-no wet paint. All cans must be completely dried up and lids removed before they will be picked up
Special collection trash pick-up tickets may be purchased at the Town Office for $5.00.
***For health reasons - all mattresses & box springs are required to be completely sealed in plastic. Standard size plastic bedding bags are now available for sale through the Finance Dept. and can also be purchased when buying your special collection pick-up tickets. Staff may also require other furniture to be wrapped and sealed in plastic.
Tickets must be purchased by noon on Tuesday for Wednesday pick up for the following special collection items:
- Dryer - doors removed
- Freezer - emptied with doors removed
- Refrigerator - emptied with doors removed
- Sewing machines
- Small kitchen appliances
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washer - door removed
- Grills (no tank)
- Bed frame
- Lawn mower frames
- Metal trash can
- Rims (tires removed)
- Miscellaneous metal pieces and wire
- Wheel chair
- Area rugs (no larger than 10'x10')
- Bed boards
- Box springs***
- Couch***(Sectional sofa $5 per section)
- Exercise bike/equipment
- Filing Cabinet
- Love seat***
- Mattress ***
- Plastic toys
- Picnic table/outside furniture
Items that WILL NOT be picked up:
- Above Ground Pools/Inflatable Pools
- Air conditioners
- Automobile parts
- Basketball - Portable BB units
- Batteries (auto/lawn mower)
- Construction or demolition debris
- Hazardous waste or substances
- Hot water heaters
- Motor oil
- Oil cans
- Paint cans with anything in them
- Pellet and wood stoves
- Paneling/plywood/wafer board
- Pool Covers/Liners
- Rugs (larger than 10'x10')
- Siding (aluminum, wood, vinyl)
Denton Public Works reserves the right to deny collection of items not meeting the above criteria or properly sorted.
Listed special collection items are subject to change
(Print out and drop off in the night deposit box at the Town Office)